Success guide: what is the best time to post content on social media in 2020?
Hootsuite has just analyzed the best time to post content on social media in 2020, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn for both B2B and B2C.
B2B: Business-to-business is a situation where one business makes a commercial transaction with another. Source: Wikipedia
B2C: The term business-to-consumer (B2C) refers to the process of selling products and services directly between a business and consumers who are the end-users of its products or services. Most companies that sell directly to consumers can be referred to as B2C companies. (investopedia.com)
Main observation: it is better to post between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. and at the beginning of the week to maximize your chances of being seen.
Choosing the right day and time to publish on social networks cannot be improvised. The best time is when the target audience is most likely to see brand content, but it varies by industry and target.
A well-programmed message can lead to more likes, comments, shares and clicks.
The best time to post content on Facebook.com
For B2B brands, the best time to post on Facebook is between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
On the other hand, for B2C brands the best time to post content on Facebook is at 12 noon on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
Since Facebook changed its news feed algorithm, prioritizing “meaningful interactions” from family and friends, brands are finding it increasingly difficult to make their content visible without paying.
You should know that 74% of Facebook users visit the site every day – more than any other social network – and 88% of Facebook users access the site via a mobile device.
The best time to post content on Twitter.com
For B2B brands, the best time to post content on Twitter is between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday or Thursday, with a focus on the 11 a.m. / 1 p.m. period.
As for B2C brands, the best time to post on Twitter is at 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. Monday to Wednesday.
Pleasenot that timing matters a lot on Twitter since the life of a tweet is only 18 minutes. So brands need to make sure their messages reach the right people.
Some figures to know about twetting:
- 46% of American Twitter users visit the site at least once a day
- 80% of Twitter users are affluent millennials
- 80% of Twitter users are not American. The platform works in 33 languages.
The best time to post content on LinkedIn.com
50% of American graduates use LinkedIn and It is also interesting to note that 57% of users are on mobile.
The best time to post on LinkedIn for both B2B and B2C brands is 10:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 5:45 p.m. and 7:45 p.m.
On the other hand, the days differ depending on the target audience: for B2B companies the best day is Wednesday followed by Tuesday while the audience of B2C brands is more present on the social network on Mondays and Wednesdays.
The best time to post content on Instagram.com
Posting on Instagram platform at the best time is just as important as the quality of your posts, and according to various studies conducted in 2020 about the best time to post content on instagram.com is, :
- Monday from 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Tuesday at 3 a.m.
- Wednesday at 5 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m.
How to find the best time to post content on social networks?
To determine the best time to post content on social media, you should put into consideration the following notes:
- Know your audience: By drawing up their portrait (age, location, travel, work, type of social network, etc.)
- Use the same content to test different schedules: To keep consistency when testing different schedules.
- Consider location: Taking into account the time zones of their targets
- Use the right tools: By choosing a complete tool that allows you to schedule publications but also to analyze them
- Keep an eye on the competition: By drawing inspiration from the “best practices” of the players in their ecosystem
- Continue to test and optimize: Public habits and network algorithms change and the chosen strategy can quickly become obsolete.